Indian Registration & Membership Department
6493 Highway 21
- Maintain records of all individual band members by individual file, also members of other First Nations utilizing our services;
- Assist band members or members of other First Nations to apply for identification documents such as: birth certificates, gas cards, age of majority cards and social insurance cards and passports.
- Assist band members and programs with verification of registry information and population reports.
- Assist other agencies i.e. Hospitals, pharmacies, doctors' offices with verification of registry information.
- Assist the Band membership with verification letters of residency, tax exemption and health card letters; we also do affidavits, Commission certain documents that require certification.
- We report to Indian & Northern Affairs Canada with registering Births, Deaths, marriage, name change, band transfers and administer Indian Status Cards.
- We prepare Eligible voters list for Saugeen Band Council Elections
- We do a lot of reporting with INAC keeping our Band Membership reports up to date.
- We research family history for band members and Chief and Council